We are seeking nominations for the MAHDC Board of Directors. Specifically, we would like to fill the following roles:
- Director, Eastern Shore-based
- Director, Western Maryland-based
- Director, At-large
- Director, Graduate Student in Historic Preservation or similar field
- Preferably have experience serving on a historic preservation commission or as staff to a commission.
- Agree with our mission to provide advocacy, training and program support for historic preservation commissions and local governments across the state.
- Attend six board meetings a year (every two months) at the offices of the Maryland Historical Trust in Crownsville, Maryland.
- Make a serious commitment to participate actively in the board work.
- Stay informed about current issues pertinent to historic preservation commissions and preservation in Maryland and provide technical expertise as needed.
Term: All directors serve a two-year term except for the graduate student director, who serves a one-year term.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or know of a qualified individual who would be a good fit for the organization, please submit:
- Statement of interest
- Letter(s) of support (optional)
directly to Melanie Lytle at director(at)mahdc(dot)org no later than September 30, 2014. The nominations will be voted on by the membership at our annual meeting on October 8, 2014.