The Maryland Association of Historic District Commissions depends on the support of our Members, dedicated commissioners and individuals who understand that preservation, at its most vibrant and compelling, takes place locally. MAHDC has been providing training, support, and advocacy to Maryland’s preservation commission members, municipal staff, historic district residents, cultural resource consultants, preservation educators, and grassroots activists for almost 35 years, giving them the tools to responsibly protect our precious heritage. Please join us!
Benefits of Membership
As a Member, the most valuable benefit you will receive is the one that matters most: the knowledge that you are helping transform the work of Maryland’s preservation commissions by supporting MAHDC’s training and advocacy mission. But you will also be entitled to the following exclusive membership benefits:
- Access to the MAHDC training programs at the discounted membership rates. MAHDC’s training programs provide you with the tools to be an effective advocate for defensible preservation decisions in your community and Maryland, and the qualifications to serve as a historic district commissioner.
- Subscription to MAHDC’s timely e-newsletter, published four times per year, and occasional news blasts and social media updates. With current and relevant news, you will be aware of the preservation issues that are of concern in your community.
- Participation in a professional network comprised of historic preservation commissioners, municipal staff, local and state preservation nonprofits, preservation professionals, and grassroots preservation activists. Our members value our heritage as you do, and they have the tools and experience to serve as a great resource.
- Influence in advocating for responsible local and state government decisions affecting historic resources through MAHDC’s advocacy work. Our strength in numbers allows us to be heard when it comes to making sure our policy makers at the local and state level have the information they need to prioritize preservation in their decisions.
- Knowledge that you’re providing financial support for MAHDC’s important preservation training and advocacy in a time when there is diminishing funding for non-profit organizations such as ours.
Join us as an MAHDC Commission:
- Supporting Commission (Certified Local Governments and Commissions representing areas with populations of over 10,000 people) – $150
- Basic Commission (for all Commissions representing areas with populations of 10,000 people or fewer) – $75
Join us as an MAHDC Associate:
- Contributing (Individual, Student, or Non-profit Organization) – $100
- Individual – $30
- Student (currently enrolled) – $20
- Non-profit Organization – $40
- Business – $50
How to cancel your recurring MAHDC membership payment
- Log into your PayPal Account.
- Go to Profile > Profile and settings. Your Profile is the gray square with a head shape in the upper right hand corner of your PayPal home screen.
- Go to My Money.
- Find My Preapproved Payments and click on Update.
- Find and click on Maryland Association of Historic District Commissions. You may need to modify the timeframe or select View All from the drop-down list to find MAHDC.
- Click on Cancel. The cancel button can be found under MAHDC’s name. You’ll receive a warning that once selected you will be canceling the vendor profile with a disclaimer that once selected the profile cannot be reactivated through PayPal. It can only be reactivated through submitting a membership application on the MAHDC website.